Follicular Unit Extraction: A New Way for a New You
At Hair Restoration of New York, we believe that you should not have to settle for what nature gave you. We also believe that you should have options for rebuilding your confidence and quality of life through hair restoration. If you would like to increase the fullness of your hair, beard or eyebrows, check out a new solution that may work for you. With follicular unit extraction, you get the best of new hair restoration technology without the typical scarring of the strip technique.
What to Expect With FUE
Follicular unit extraction differs from the common strip technique. Instead of removing a small section of the donor area that is then dissected into follicular units, this fairly new process removes several follicles only millimeters in diameter. Before you decide, keep these considerations in mind:
• Fewer grafts collected: Often, follicles are transected, becoming unusable.
• Longer time: Because each follicle is removed separately, it may take longer and cost more.
• Less obvious scarring: The donor spots are usually unnoticeable, making shaving your head without potential embarrassment an option.
• Natural-looking hair: Patients experience hair restoration that blends seamlessly with the rest of their hair.
Will It Work for You?
As with any medical procedure, you will first need to make a visit with Dr. Kevin H. Ende. He will determine the best solution for your case. However, if you fit into any of the following patient categories, you may be a great candidate for FUE:
• Young male
• Have straight hair
• Have limited donor hair supply
• Want to avoid a linear scar
Boost Your Confidence Today
Reclaiming your confidence can start with a call to Dr. Ende. He and our team at Hair Restoration of New York strive to make you look the way you want to instead of the way you have to. Give us a call today at (917) 678-5606 to schedule an appointment.