For many men and even women hair loss is something that comes with age. By the age of 35 about 40% of men, including New Yorkers, experience some hair loss. That number increases to 65% by age 60. In a society that worships youth, it can be embarrassing to have bald spots and hair loss. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to participate in hair restoration in New York. Restoring hair is a great way to regain a youthful look and your confidence too.

One of the most traditional and oldest ways to restore the look of younger hair is to wear a hair piece or a toupee. In popular culture these kinds of hair pieces are maligned because they don’t always look natural and can fall off. Because of this many people look to find hair restoration in New York that can actually regrow a person’s natural hair.

There are some oral and topical medications that can prevent hair loss and even cause hair to regrow. The topical medications can be inconvenient because they are messy, but nonetheless have proven effective in a majority of people. Another disadvantage of the topical applications is that the benefits cease once the medication is terminated. This means that you will have to continue to use the medication to keep the benefits of the hair regrowth.

For more permanent hair restoration in New York patients have looked to hair transplants. The initial investment in a hair transplant surgery can be more expensive but because the effects last longer it may be worth it. Hair transplants have come a long way since the “plugs” of the eighties. Today hair transplants can provide the look of a natural and full head of hair. Because you are growing your own hair those who have transplants won’t have to worry about the elements, such as rain and wind.

If you are looking to restore not only your hair but your confidence, explore the options for hair restoration and find the one that will work for you. Unfortunately, if you wait you might end up with additional hair loss. Contact Dr. Ende today for a FREE Consultation by filling out the online form OR calling (917) 678-5606.