Hair Transplant Options in New York

Home/New York Hair Transplant/Hair Transplant Options in New York

Hair Transplant Options in New York

As if navigating the complexities of one of the most intricate cities in the world wasn’t hard enough, now you have to deal with a bald spot that can have a negative effect on confidence and self-esteem. Luckily, getting a hair transplant in New York is a real and attainable option.

Hair loss, also known as androgenic alopecia, can affect up to 70% of men and 40% of women. While 5% of instances are caused by environmental factors like diet and lifestyle, the other 95% is a result of genetics, with men showing a 2.5 times greater chance of showing signs of baldness if their father was follicle deficient. While more research is needed regarding the complexities of male and female pattern baldness, it is known that both maternal and paternal genetic contributions cause the issue. So before exploring the different transplant options available, know that it came from both sides of your family.

One of the earliest transplant methods utilized was scalp reduction. This process involves removing the portion of skin without hair and bringing parts of the scalp with hair together. This is a good option for individuals who have a small area that is void of follicles. Due to technological and scientific advancements, this tactic is rarely used as a sole solution today, but some doctors still employ its use in conjunction with other methods. Before you choose your doctor who will perform your hair transplant in New York, be sure he or she explains their preferred procedure.

A contemporary method is follicular unit extraction, or FUE. Unlike a scalp reduction, a FUE is far less invasive and can be done with a mild sedative or a local anesthetic. An FUE is done by removing one to four hairs from a hair-dense area and strategically placing them to fill the bald part of the scalp. This process allows for more calculated placements, which allows for a more natural appearance. It is also a good option for someone who wishes to have shorter hair since there isn’t as much scarring as other methods. It is also frequently used if an individual has had unsatisfactory results with other methods or has a scalp that is too tight. Anyone considering follicular unit extraction should be aware that undergoing multiple sessions is not uncommon to achieve their desired end-result.

Deciding to undergo a surgical procedure is never an easy choice, but many of those who have blazed the trail before you have reported wonderful results with minimal discomfort. If you are interested in getting a hair transplant in New York, there are many highly skilled surgeons who can help you be in command of what matters so you can enjoy the uncontrollable nature of the city with absolute confidence. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Ende to investigate your options.

2015-10-15T15:24:34+00:00